Friday, November 10, 2017

NP Cancer, Urgent Care talk, and GI RX

This week has been full of doctors appointments. Lots and lots...and it went as pretty much expected, no for sure answers and mostly guesses as to what the problem is.
Monday-nurse practioner. My goal here was to see the NP of my old doctor(who was great) to see if I could get some insight on my stomach problems. I am in almost constant pain and it’s difficult to even drink water, not good. So I took my handful of past labs to the appointment with me. She spent a fair bit of time talking to me and looking over the blood work. She told me she was going to run some more labs and check for h.pylori. Great, I figured I probably have it but this could confirm the suspicion. 1+ point for her. She said by looking over my labs and seeing my history of high iron and high ferritin her opinion was I probably had too much blood in my system. The way she explained it made sense, it could be causing my headaches, joint pain and stomach pain. I thought great, this sounds like an easy fix. +2 points for her. The words she used for this condition was polycythemia Vera, never heard of it but sounds good to me. She’s sending me to a hematologist for further evaluation. Works for me.
She also gave me a script for mebendazole for my parasitic issue, I’ve taken this before with seemingly good results. So I welcomed it. When I finished up with my appointment with her I went into the infusion room to get IV’s of magnesium, vitamin C, and glutathione. Again, very much welcomed because my system must be toxic.
I was there just sitting in the chair, I thought I’m gonna google polycythemia Vera. I know nothing about it and now I may have it, time to educate myself. It’s a cancer! I didn’t get a great understanding of it, but it’s a bone marrow disorder. I thought oh my gosh, I have yet another major health issue...among other things I thought.

So naturally I start speaking to other doctors I know for their opinion of this. I call over to my Kansas doctor and let them know I’ve sent an urgent email. He responds a little later and says that’s a bit of a stretch, that’s a major condition to be diagnosed with and I don’t entirely fit the bill. And 3 other doctors I know said the same. Another thing, polycythemia is mainly only found in people over 60-not even close to me. Even in the elderly it’s very rare. So again, I don’t exactly fit.

Wednesday-ultrasound and urgent care.
The nurse practitioner ordered for me to get an ultrasound of my absomen. Again I thought this was a good idea, maybe it would reveal what is wrong with my stomach. No, ultrasound can’t see the stomach. This was only to look at my gallbladder, which is fine. Well, assumed to be fine because ultrasound doesn’t entirely rule out gallbladder issues either.
So Wednesday afternoon I broke, I was in pain and I was starving. Something has to give here. 
Urgent care was easy, no wait and a super nice NP worked with me. The problem is they couldn’t really do much for me besides give me a nausea medication, they were only capable of doing what the original NP did Monday-ultra sound and h. Pylori test. I refused the nausea med because it’s not a solution...just a band aid, no thanks I want to actually fix the problem. 
But, I did get a referral for a GI doc. This is good I thought.

Thursday-GI Doctor day. One again, I went in and there was no wait. Super nice and easy to work with PA. She called over and was able to get my ultrasound and h.pylori results, I appreciated how quickly they worked to get me some answers here. The good news slash bad news, the h.pylori was negative and so was the ultrasound. The GI PA said I could take Prilosec for the pain and see if that works, again no thanks it won’t fix it. She said my problem was most likely an ulcer, okay I’ll go with it. Sounds good I guess. 

So now that’s where I am, it’s assumed that my stomach issues are because of an ulcer. I am not entirely convinced just because there’s no test or anything to prove it, but after this week I’m sick of tests. I went by the office I work at and picks up some supplements for ulcers and I also stopped by the vitamin store for some aloe juice.
My current protocol is marshmallow root tea, peptobismol, mastic gum, Gastro ULC by apex energetics, and aloe juice with chamomile and other herbs. 
In a few days or so I hope to be seeing some change! 

The only downfall is that after all these new things for my gut, the mebendazole, and all my other supplements...my body is overloaded. Which unfortunately means I have uncontrollable anxiety that is absolutely driving me up the wall. Not sure what to do about this but I’m loosing my ever living mind over here....but I guess now....we wait...

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! i have not been reading blogs lately too much brain fog and i missed so much with you. I am so sorry. These stomach issues sound horrible. i have no idea if it would help but these supplements can be so hard on our stomachs I take 1/2 glass raw milk and put peppermint EO in my wrist with every meal. The milk ties up some of the tannins and other things that are ripping my stomach apart. It helps me might be worth a try. I hope this is better for you already.

    ReplyDelete