Saturday, December 30, 2017

December trip to Kansas

This month I had my seventh visit to Wichita to see my doctor for a week. It went well, I think we finally made a couple break throughs. It sure sounded like it during the appointments and we are focusing more so on some issues that have not been addressed with focus before.

This has been a long struggling year... I do not know what happened to me but Ive just broken. I am praying that 2018 will be filled with more smiles and fewer symptoms.

Day 1-
We went over my blood work, a few good improvements. My iron and ferritin are no longer high. My iron has been 40 points too high on all of the blood work I have had this year, so for it to drop right back to where it should be is great. it had been resting around 201, now its 126.
My parasite markers have also improved, last time they were at 10, this time they are at 4, 0-3 is the goal. This is great, I am just barely out of range for this.
My cholesterol dropped again, still hanging much lower than it should be.
Other than that my blood work is still slowly improving. 
We also went over my hormone panel. This dramatically improved. All of my hormones are about where they should be. Now the only ones off enough to count are my adrenals, in the afternoon they are optimal, but in the morning they are low and at night they are high. This is why I cant fall asleep early or wake up early.
This week we will be working on gut issues and parasites as these have been my most problematic issues.
Today we talked about the methylation cycle, which is the cycle of breaking down nutrients and neutralizing toxins. I have followed a methylation protocol in the past without any notable results. This time its a bit different, he tested to see which chemicals were built up in my system and he tested to see which supplements would clear these out. This current protocol he has me following is a newer program, it is not the traditional methylation protocol that you may have read about before(for those that are familiar). Instead of taking a full shotgun approach and testing all my genes and treating anything possibly defective, we are treating only what is tested as problematic.
He explained to me that in the past he has gotten poor results with the standard methylation protocol, about 80% of his patients had no change and 10% got worse. In this updated version the protocol is more individualized, so it will not overload my system making me sick and it will not miss anything making me sicker.
Today he started me on N-acetyl cysteine, Coq10, Fish oil, Vitamin K2 and K7, Vitamin D, B complex, Total Chelate, and Zinc.
All of these are low dose, most are just 1 capsule a day. Several are temporary, the Total Chelate I know will only be for a few months. It primarily helps the body detox metals and minerals that are harmful.
He was telling me about how he personally started on this protocol a few weeks ago and has had great results. After work he's been going to the gym for an hour 5 days a week, without feeling sore or beat up afterwords.
He explained to me that lactic acid is one of the chemicals broken down by the methylation cycle, so by improving the cycle it is harder for the lactic acid to over build. 
Exercise intolerance has been a fairly unchanged issue for me, so it will be interesting to see if this begins to change over the next few months.

Day 2-
Today was an easy day. The doctor primarily worked on some structural issues with my muscles and neck. I have been having a lot of headaches recently, Ive had one everyday I have been here in Kansas so far.
The bands of muscle around my stomach are very tight, which is contributing to my not being able to eat. He's working on breaking all of the fascia loose to release the muscles.
He found one of the contributors to my muscular issues is poor circulation. Which is also contributing to my headaches. So he added two things today, one of which I had already been taking and I will only take it for about a week. The other supplement is specifically for my heart and circulation. It is supposed to strengthen the heart muscle to repair any damage it has taken on from the lyme. 
Overall I have been very worn out today, I had a headache most of this morning and afternoon that wore me out. I took a short nap this afternoon for a while, that helped. 

Day 3-
So yesterday afternoon I wasn't feeling so great. My heart was beating out of my chest and overall just not entirely pleasant. I was up most of last night and didn't sleep too great.
At my doctors appointment we worked on a couple hormonal things. He found my adrenaline was spiking, causing my heart to race. This was a side effect of starting on the B complex, the B vitamins weren't being absorbed correctly. So he made a homeopathic blend for me to take to help my bodies metabolism of B vitamins. Today this issue has been much improved. He also found some metal toxicity going on in my kidneys, most likely a side effect of some of the supplements started earlier this week. Along with the metals there was some kind of mold/fungus toxicity going on, so he made a homeopathic blend to combat that also.
So after yesterdays appointment there was a lot of different things flipped around in my system that made me feel not so great.
I was the last patient of the day for my doctor, so he spent another hour just talking to mom and I. That was a lot of fun, we may get to do that again tomorrow too.

Day 4-
Todays doctors appointment was a bit more complicated than the last few days. After the last stressful 24 hours my body was showing a lot of disregulation to be fixed. He found some more hormonal things, fairly minor compared to how they have been in the past. My neurotransmitters were also all out of whack, which were the main culprits as to why I haven't felt so hot. I was low on dopamine, serotonin, acetyl choline, and gaba. Without these neurotransmitters its not possible to think straight, focus, sleep, nothin. He found the root of all of this to be in my gut, so instead of supplementing with replacement neurotransmitters he's given me a homeopathic to help heal this imbalance in my stomach.
Whatever happened to my stomach that we began treating today probably started to occur back in March, thats when I began having all of the symptoms of low neurotransmitters. So..unless we have several more layers to work through with my gut, today could be a potential turn around point.
I also tested negative for parasites today, this is a first. Of course this is subject to change and he may have me take a mild anti parasitic for a little bit longer just to keep away a recurring infection. But progress has been made.

Day 5-
On the final day we only worked on a couple minor things, mostly autoimmune related. Having bacteria in my system for several years causing issues has messed up how my body reacts to pathogens as a whole. So some of my symptoms now are caused by the autoimmune aspect of being chronically ill.
He has me taking two things for this. After this last trip I am once again taking a dozen or two bottles of supplements. After I left I was beginning to feel a bit better, less fatigue, better mood, and I was starting to gain a foot hold with how I felt overall.
Then last week I contracted the flu, Im over it now but still recovering which unfortunately means I don't really feel much different than pre KS right now. 
I am hoping that in the next few days I will begin to recover and for real start feeling healthier overall. Because right now Im worn out and my bones hurt.
The prognosis from this last evaluation is that I am most likely nearing the end of this whole ordeal. He's given me the option as to how long I want to wait to return to KS, depending on how I hold up Ill be going back over spring break in March or during the summer after school has ended.
My doctor is pleased with my progress, he said there is no need to retest some of the labs we have run in the past because they are now returning favorable enough results.
Now I just need to feel these better results....

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of really good and hopeful news! i hope you start to feel awesome soon!

    ReplyDelete