Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Upon Exiting Kansas

My most recent trip to Kansas was one of the best and unique visits ever. Some good and some bad.
The good- I gained progress, I never felt absolutely drained dead of energy. I even went to the zoo! It was freaking hot so I did feel rather ill after that, but only for a little while. I have never had the energy to even think about going to the zoo or anything of the sort, this is monumental.
My doc didn't need to put me on a boatload of supplements this go round! I am on what an average person would call a lot of supplements, but to another lyme patient, not bad at all. I am also on a lower dosage of supplements, most of them are once a day! Im praying this does not change.

I was even more social than I have been in a while. Usually I am in and out of the clinic and I don't spend much time socializing, the siren song of the couch back in our hotel room is too strong.
One woman I met this last week I had met before. She complemented me on my shirt then said- Hey I remember you from last year, you are the one who was getting sicker and sicker instead of getting better. Then she spoke to me about what all had happened to me. She met me the week last March when I was at the clinic that I became so ill and went downhill, without ever fully recovering. I was impressed she remembered me, I remembered her face but that was about it. I was so sick that week...all I remember was the misery and bone crushing pain.

The bad-
My doctor and a few others left the clinic. I had no idea that this would be my last visit with my doctor! I got the email from the clinic about my doctor not too long after arriving back home. I was assured my doctor will continue in practice with the same level of care, just not at the Hansa Center. I am very grateful that I am feeling as well as I am feeling, because I do not want to have to go back for treatment anytime soon with such changes taking place. If I choose to go back to the clinic ill be assigned a new doctor, or I may wait a while and see if my doc shows up at another practice. For now, im gonna float in limbo.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing better then last year! Improvement is so good! Sorry about your doctor that is so hard. I hate finding a doctor i click with. Maybe this time you will make enough improvement to be ok without them. Wouldn't that be amazing!

    ReplyDelete