Friday, November 27, 2020

Five Years Online

 Thankfulness

It just occured to me that last month was the 5th birthday of my blog! I cannot believe I have been writing for this long and that people actually read what I share.

I have so much to be grateful for, my life has changed for the positive significantly.


This week has been good for me for the most part but some friends of mine have not had as great of a Thanksgiving week. My neighbor died early this morning, this man had been like an extra grandparent to me but due to his declining health over the last few years we have seen him less and less. Another neighbor, who recently moved away, called us a week or two ago and told my mom how bad the neighbor had gotten and that he had reached the point where it may be better for him to pass on rather than hold on. That is always tragic news to hear, on one hand it sounds cold but on another it does make sense. Us believers have no reason to fear death, the Bible has told us many times over that we will have more to be grateful for in the next life than we ever will have on this earth. Still, the change and loss for my neighbors family will be very great this Christmas season. 

Another friend of mine, her grandmother died a few days ago. She said they were not terribly close but it was still sad. She said they had a lot of fond memories from when she was little. Again, a very sad season to lose someone. Her grandmother had been in poor health for months and the doctors in the hospitals could never come to a conclusion. 

This whole year seems like it has been filled with loss and limits. Don't do this, you can't do that. People have lost their lives, and people have lost friends due to the growing anger in the world.

I continue to count my blessings and remember all the things I have to be grateful for. I am very thankful that my family and friends have all been healthy for the most part. I am grateful I have not lost anyone this year and I pray that this holds true next year as well. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss friend! I am sorry for you but glad your neighbors suffering has ended.

    ReplyDelete