Saturday, April 8, 2017

Recovery Post

Hello all!
Today I am have a little more energy than yesterday. I spent most of it outside doing yard work, I guess that's a good sign. I still have a cough that's hanging on... I'll kick it soon enough. I'll just keep on with my supplements and peppermint oil.

Today I had the chance to checkout the blogs I follow and catch up on what I've been missing. Even after being so sick last week, I am still incredibly grateful for the progress I've made this last year. Everyone I follow is still sick, all of them. I would be willing to say it's possible I'll be back to normal and healthy before the year is over. Maybe not, but I think I'll be close. My progress has been great, I've been able to go to work and go into college. My bizarre sleeping patterns have improved. I have no bad things to really report.
Lyme patients don't get to say that often do we???


Regaining strength in my arms and back is what may take a while. Rebuilding endurance I know will take a while. But now, I have the energy to do some exercise. I went to Walmart and bought myself two 10lb weights and I've been playing around with them about everyday. I started this a month or so ago, I've made some progress. I don't know if it's good progress but either way I'm moving in the right direction. That's what counts. I'll get to where I need eventually.

I've had so many chances to look back and see all the things I've missed. I can't help but wonder what life would be like if I had never lost my brain and everything under it. At one point in time I had a crazy photographic memory and I was a 100% A+ student. Those days are long past, I don't know if my memory and reasoning will go back to how it used to be. But I'll be okay. I look back and see how much I have learned. I have spoken to so many people and they've shared their stories with me. I would have never known about the Lyme community if I had never gotten sick. So many people live in a state of chronic illness, and give up. The person I first learned about Lyme disease from is still sick. I don't think she's even seen a doctor in a few years. She's decided there's no cure so no reason to bother getting better.
It is an extremely expensive process, so I can understand not wanting to spend money on treatment that's going to be a gamble. No doctor has 100% success rate. People have failed with my doctor, but I feel my doctor is the one who was meant to heal me. I wouldn't want to go to anyone else. Not everyone is not so fortunate though...I wish life was that easy.

There's a strong emotional connection to being sick. My doctor always checks to see what's clogging up my system. Occasionally emotional issues show up and he will use a Bach remedy or an essential oil to clear it, that's all I've ever needed. Many people I have met however have severe emotional trauma, they are the ones who don't do so well with treatment. Their traumas just hold them stuck where they are. I am so thankful to God that I haven't had too many emotional hang ups. I do get depressed frequently and I do wish some things could be different...I wish I could do more normal things that other teenage guys do. But whatever, I've made it this far. I've had many many good memories throughout my teenage years so nothing has been a waste.

This last year I have even made a new best friend, I have even shared some of my personal traumas with him. I still have never told anyone I know about this blog, maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment