Sunday, February 21, 2016

Therapies Explained:Part Two

A month ago I wrote an explanation to some of the therapies they used on me at the Hansa Center. The first part of this post included the more major therapies like the infrared sauna and the ST8. This post will discuss the more minor (yet still vital) therapies.

PowerPlate-The powerplate is a vibrating device used for exercise. The high vibrations stimulate the muscles and increase circulation throughout the body. It is great for exercise purposes, the vibration is a workout. The short time I would have to do this was more so for opening up the cold stagnant muscle tissue, not for building muscle.
This was one of the lower priority treatments, I did it every other day for five minutes.

Bemer-This is specifically used for circulation and oxygenation. It is used to speed healing in the cells. While laying on the mat they would have us drink an electrolyte drink for hydration.
I'll be honest, I do not know much about this one. We all typically do it twice a day here for 8 minutes.
Here is the website for more info

Q-Laser-The Q-laser is used to stimulate healing and reduce inflammation. I would use this daily and on a different place each treatment (I.e heart, liver, gallbladder, kidney, ears). The laser can penetrate deep in the skin to reduce the inflammation and speed the healing process. Those of us Lyme patients have severly stressed out detox organs, so this device is good for providing an extra boost.
Here is the website for Q-Laser(not the same as Q switching laser)


I know this post isn't as exciting as the original, that's why it took a month to write it. I would like to stress that all of the treatments are important and play a role with eachother by boosting a specific part of the body.

Enjoy! Next on my to-do list is explaining my supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment