Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Story for Grandma

Well you guys I have a whole lot to update, there has been a whole lot of ups and downs this last month or two but right now we are doing well.
In the middle of February I went to my old DO and she gave me some infusions of vitamin C, glutathione, Mag, and B complex. This dramatically helped me improve very quickly. Three days after the IV my heart racing and palpitations had calmed down and a few days later my heart was back to normal.
My mood and brain issues stabilized, my sudden fear and brain rachetness calmed down. I can now handle stress again with a much more reasonable attitude. Energy returned also, not perfect but plenty good enough for me to function in daily life.

On to the current news...
I’m back in Kansas, I saw the doc this morning.
Getting here to Kansas was probably the worst trip ever, last March when I was here we had to drive through a tornado and hail storm....this time was much more stressful.
The good news, my best friend came with me this trip so I have my mom and best friend here.
The hard part-the Atlanta airport.
All three of us fly standbye, so we take what seats are given to us. This also includes TSA precheck, sometimes we get it and sometimes we don’t. Well mom and I got precheck so we went through the short(ish) security line. My best friend however did not. His line took over 45 minutes to get through, when he reached the end of the line to actually go through security the agent looked at him and said no, you stand there until I tell you to go through. He had asked if it was possible for him to get through quickly because his plane was about to leave, oftentimes they’ll push the ones in a hurry through. Not this one, she held him back until she decided he could go. When he was finally released he ran through the airport to the gate...and missed it by 30 seconds. The captain of the plane decides to shut the door ten minutes early....
Another pilot walked up to the gate just behind my friend, he had called the gate ahead of time to make sure they would hold the door for him so he could take the jump seat. Nope, they closed it on him too. Then another 4 paying passengers walk up and realize what has happened. Needless to say, the gate agent went back down the jetway and hid from all the angry people at her desk.
We even said something to the flight attendant to hold the door because my friend was at the gate and more had walked up. My dad is an airline captain, I know what they are allowed to do. Nope. Mr captain man decided he had better things to do.

While all this was going on at the aiport, Mom and I had made it to Kansas. We go to our hotel expecting them to have our room which we book every single time. Nope...they had no room. We wait a little bit and the manager sends us to a new room, I walk in and the counter is covered in trash and none of the beds have sheets. I head on back to the lobby and we tell the manager the issue and he calls me a liar! I was like would you like to go see it yourself??
After that he finds us yet another room, this time he inspects it himself first before sending us to it. This is when things started turning around.
About the time he found us the good room my friend calls me from the airport, he’s boarding the plane and will be in Kansas before long. Huge huge relief that was, not to mention I was super excited!
Needless to say, that was an interesting day. While I was sitting around during all of this my grandmother texts me to make sure we made it to Kansas and the hotel, all I say to her is...man do I have a story for you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a harrowing experience! Glad it finally all worked out! I am so glad you have energy back and are improving

    ReplyDelete