Thursday, June 23, 2016

Grey Skin and Red Juice...what

Haha, a kitten different from my normal title themes right?

Sauna Update 
This week I have been trying to get back in the swing of what my routine is supposed to be. That includes, sauna twice a week. Today I only last in the sauna about 20 minutes, which isn't long enough. Usually I do 30-35 min, 130F.
I guess this is a sign I need to be more consistent. It's just been so hot outside, getting in a hot sauna just does not sound fun...but hey, it makes me feel better and that IS fun. So I'll do it.
As long as my mind doesn't forget...which its all to good at.

On another note, I have an interesting story about using the sauna recently. After I get out of the sauna I usually go and take a shower. I use baking soda on my lymph nodes around my armpit to help  clear them out(more on this later), and because baking soda is also an exfoliator it removes dead skin. Here's the odd part, the baking soda and dead skin turned blue...like bright grey almost teal blue. Also there was a lot of dead skin, which Is another unusual thing...
My thoughts are maybe heavy metals coming out after my short sauna hiatus??

My Diet
I'm a diet nut. Not a secret, but I suck at eating. For whatever reason I can't eat much food before I feel extremely full or even nauseas. To avoid either of these happening I have found a select few foods that are easy to make and take little energy to produce, anyone who eats healthy(low sugar/GF/DF) knows these foods are few and far between.
So I tend to get bored with food and start eating junk food that I don't need to be. Not because I want it but because I just get sick of eating the same food day in and day out, over and over.
It's time to get back into healthy eating, consistently. I haven't really been that bad, but I would feel better if I cut the crap out altogether.
So today I made a big glass of juice, two actually. One to drink and one for breakfast when I don't feel like cooking.
Instead of the usual green juice I mixed it up and made red juice using strawberries, plums(from a friends tree, kale, carrots, pomegranate, spinach, and ginger. It wasn't bad, tasted a little odd...but I've made worse lol

2 comments:

  1. Wow the blue baking soda is intense and really cool! If I was only cooking for myself I could never be consistent. It is just to much work but since I am cooking for 4 others that include a cranky when hungry 4 year old that helps me keep going! Thank for you posts. I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take time to cook and eat healthy...that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete