Saturday, January 2, 2016

Tomorrow I fly!

I leave for Kansas tomorrow!

Its finally that time, it feels like its taken forever to get to this point yet its here so fast.

Today was long, I finished getting my stuff together to leave. Including my past paperwork from doctors. I hate going through my old medical records, it makes me mad. I look back and see how long this whole ordeal has been going on. Its stressful knowing that except for a few instances I have had to be my own doctor because there is no advocate for me in my state.

That would aggravate anyone knowing there is no one in the entire state who has the backbone enough to stand up for them. No doctor who is intelligent enough to think outside of the box and help a large group of people who live with a debilitating illness every day. It doesn't make sense.

When I went to get my blood drawn a while back I was talking to the lady who drew my blood. I told her I have lyme disease, she asked about the symptoms and the cause, I told her.
I told her this blood work was for a doctor I was going to see in KS. There isn't a doctor in my state because the government doesn't acknowledge the existence of lyme disease.

Her answer was a slight surprise to me.
"That happens a lot, the government doesn't acknowledge a lot of diseases for some reason."
I responded, "its true, if you don't have the flu, cancer, or anything highly contagious you aren't a concern to them"
Her response, "That's true."

Even the lab tech who hasn't heard of my unacknowledged disease knows the government is missing the big picture. Imagine that.
Maybe for the next election write in a vote for that lab tech. Shes brighter than anyone I know of in the government...

Anyway, ill stop ranting.

My friends gave me a nice going away card, it was just so great knowing someone I know is actually thinking of me. Usually people say something along the lines of "I am sorry and you are so young" then the subject keeps moving. That's it.
This is the first time I have ever gotten a get well card for lyme disease. It is certainly extra special to me.



The rodent just makes things that much better, I love funny things.

No comments:

Post a Comment