Sunday, November 15, 2015

A New Day has come



I am happy to report I feel much better now!
Friday was the worst day(and night). My sinuses were draining, coughing, sweating, dizzy, achy, the works.
Thursday I felt it coming on so I started flushing my nose out with saltwater. Friday it didn't seem to be making a difference so I added in stevia sweetener and an anti-microbial called Biocidin by Bio Botanical Research.
This was a great combo, after the 4th or so flush my sinuses no longer ached.

I also started drinking herbal tea, which is always the best thing for me when I get sick. I love tea plus it has other benefits like anti-inflammation and detox.
I drank 4 cups of gypsy cold care, which finished my last box. So I rummaged through the pantry and found lavender stress relief and lemon Ginger tea, both by Yogi. Not my usual preference but hey, I thought I would give it a try.
So on top of the 4 cups of cold care, I added in 2 more cups of lemon ginger, 2 cups lemon/ginger mixed with stress relief, 1 cup peppermint, then my last cup before going to bed was a grand combination of stress relief, lemon/ginger, and one tea for sleep. It really made a difference in how I felt, everything became more tolerable.
10 cups of tea, yes I do have an obsession.

The good news is, it paid off on Saturday. I felt much better. Still had a cough and killer fatigue but so much better than the day before.
Friday night and Saturday morning were the worst. Going to sleep was almost impossible, but I managed. This is when I drank most of the teas, within a few hours of going to sleep.

One last thing I used were essential oils. I always underestimate their power.
I mixed oregano, clove bud, and thyme in a capsule and took one every few hours and I also rubbed peppermint, eucalyptus, and cinnamon on my chest. This really helped the cough.

All of this combined seems to have it almost knocked out! It started Thursday afternoon, today(Sunday) I am almost back to normal. I haven't even taken much today, no tea, 1 oil pill, plus my usual supplements.
The reason I start taking SO many things is because if I don't, I will be sick for a long time. My immune system sucks. Any person with lyme complex will tell you the same. Once something takes hold, its hard to get it out. When I feel a cold coming on, there's no kidding around unless I have a lot of downtime to use.

Even now that I have it mostly knocked out and I feel close to normal, it still may take a week before I am 100%

Off to go make a lemon slushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment