Monday, November 30, 2015

Praying for VIctoria

                                Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
                                         I will fear no evil for you are with me;
                                           your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

                                                                                             Psalm 23:4

Some of you guys may have noticed, I follow a bunch of blogs. One of the blogs I read is written by Victoria Wilguess.
Victoria was diagnosed with lyme disease as a young teenager just like I was. Except unlike me, she has progressed in her infection....In a few hours she will be undergoing a major, rare, and extremely painful heart surgery awake!

She has a heart arrhythmia that needs to be corrected, but because of where the arrhythmia is occurring specifically (near her diaphragm) not just any doctor perform the surgery.
Here is where she explains it

Victoria has an inspiring amount of faith in God, especially considering all of what she has gone through. She has undergone treatment at a clinic in Nevada for weeks and months at a time, multiple surgeries, numerous visits to the ER, and tremendous (and constant) amounts of pain.
She just has not found been able to find relief, and tomorrow her story will continue.

I would like everyone who reads this post to join me in prayer, to pray for quick healing, peace after the surgery, no more setbacks(shes had enough), and for minimal pain. Victoria also has a prayer list I would like to share-
"-Peace and patience for my family and friends as they wait during my surgery since it'll be an all day surgery
That they be able to get the central line IVs in easily
That I'll be able to do the surgery without sedation and not be in a lot of pain
That the surgery will work and the arrhythmia won't come back
That there will be no complications during and after surgery
That recovery will go well
That I will be able to show God's love to the doctors and nurses taking care of me
This is odd, I know, but please pray that my bladder problems don't flare up during and after surgery. Bladder catheters really irritate things and I'll have to have one for the procedure and after when I'm on bed rest for 6 hours to prevent bleeding from where they went into my heart. "


Although doctors do not have all of the answers, just their best guess, God knows. He knows what we all need, including Victoria when she spends over 10+ hours on the operating table later.

I am praying for good things to come from this Victoria!!

Updates after the surgery will be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment