Monday, November 2, 2015

Artemisia, Cinchona, and Black Walnut

Hello my friends!
The new supplements for babesia arrived today!
A few posts ago I said I was ordering cinchona bark, artemisa combinations, and black walnut hull. I did this because I have been stuck in a babesia flair, this should help knock it down a peg. Here is some info I found on the herbs-

Cinchona bark is used for malaria treatment in South America. Traditionally ground and made into a tea for usage.
Quinine, which can be derived from cinchona bark, has been used as a traditional drug for malaria in North America. Quinine is no longer used for malaria treatment because of possible side affects.
However, the synthetic versions of drugs are nearly always much less safe than what they were derived from, so the bark should not have these side effects at low dosages.
I am going to drink a cup of tea daily.

Artemisia and its derivatives have been used in Lyme/babesia treatment for a long time. Many of the prominent LLMD's use Artemisia or artemisinin in their treatment protocols. It is also an antimalarial that is effective against babesia. It is typically taken in a capsule, 3 days on, 4 days break. It is said Artemisia builds up in the tissue and should be discontinued to allow it to clear. If it isn't allowed to clear it cannot be utilized by the body, it becomes desensitized. I don't know if its true or not, sounds kinda odd to me.
I am going to take 2 pills, 3x a day, three days on 4 off.

The black walnut is not for babesia (as far as I know), but it is good for killing parasites and yeast. Because Artemisia is also a parasite cleanser, although weaker than black walnut, I wanted to pair the two for a stronger effect. I take this every few months then take a break.
I am going to take 2, 3x a day, 15 days on, 5 off. Taking five days off is supposed to allow the parasite eggs to hatch, then restarting the herb will kill them after they hatch.

 
Here are my herbs after unboxing
 
I made a cup of cinchona tea. I had to grind the bark using the coffee grinder to make it into a powder.
I mixed 1tsp of the powder in a cup of boiling water and let it sit for a while.
Its not bad, kinda bitter. It has a unique flavor, with a texture like a raw sweet potato(know what I mean?) I can definitely take this without much difficulty daily. Its weird, but not bad.
 
Here is the finished product. The bark needed to be ground a little more, but hey, it was my first try!
 
 
I have already taken my first dose of everything. I became very fatigued late this afternoon, almost took a nap because of it. Wonder if it was a short herx? After I finished everything I had to do for the day I sat down, about 6:00pm. I almost fell asleep! I didn't get up for almost two hours. I am still tired, but on the days this happens...I know I wont sleep during the night. I can only pick one time to rest, today my body picked the late afternoon. I never know what to expect with this disease, its like a roller coaster.
 
One last thing, I emailed the ND today, asking him what I should do about my Dopalift situation.
He told me to half the capsule and try again tomorrow.
So tomorrow I am going to take half a Dopalift at 8:00am.
 
 In my last post I said I was going to try taking it at 8am this morning, but my alarm didn't go off. Slept right on through... I didn't think about halving it, I am kinda glad I forgot.
 
Until next time!
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. So what happened after this treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I thought I responded to this..,it must have no gone through..

    The cinchona worked well. I still keep some on hand if I ever catch a virus. It for sure reduced my babesia symptoms and made me have some more energy.
    I stopped taking it when I went to Hansa January last year.

    The black walnut helped but wasn't anything special as far as parasites go...I also stopped it when I stopped the cinchona. But keeping in mind I have used black walnut many times before, so when I wrote this post it's possible I had already begin reaching the limits of the black walnut.

    The artemisia was beneficial and I think it helped with the cinchona for babesia. But I honestly think the cinchona was stronger. I could always tell within a bit of drinking the cinchona tea I could feel a little different.
    The Artemisia not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting your blog. I started using the Cinchona Bark tea and on day #1 I sweated a lot after taking it. Felt a headache the day after (probably a detox headache). I'm waiting for the Artemisia in the mail. Ready to beat these last few symptoms. I appreciate you sharing. Be well.

    ReplyDelete