Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! I did, I wasn't too symptomatic and I did a little more than take up space on the couch. Not much more, but more lol

I knew I was going to be loading on the junk food today, so yesterday I made sure I drank plenty of homemade juice and smoothies, I call it pre-detoxing. I wasn't too bad, but I'm sure I will be feeling the sugar load tomorrow...
Do you guys do this? I don't know how much merit it has, but extra nutrients will hopefully keep me ahead for when I eat junk. Just a thought

Recently I started reading this blog, It is written by a Canadian mother of three who struggles with lyme disease and babesia. She has had to travel from Canada to San Francisco for treatment. She has been writing this blog since 2007. I started reading it last week, starting at post #1. I am up to 2009, hoping to read another year of posts tonight. I usually wait to share a blog until I am totally up to date, but I just had to share it :) This woman is hysterical, even though she is obviously struggling and suffering she has something funny to say about it. That's great, I always try to find the bright side and make a joke, but it can be hard. Props to Shannon!!

Since it is Thanksgiving, I guess its a good idea to reflect on just a few things I am thankful for-
Being as healthy as I am, it could be worse
Finding an LLMD I am comfortable with and I trust, even though I haven't been yet
I have great friends I can talk to if I ever have an extra lymey day, online and in person
A great family
and of course this blog, which gives me a place to vent and hopefully provide some sort of benefit for someone else


Happy Thanksgiving!! Watch out for black Friday tomorrow, I have a feeling a few people will be making the news just because they wanted something $5 off.. .

No comments:

Post a Comment