Thursday, November 5, 2015

Current Treatment

In my last post I basically just gave a long list of the remedies I have taken in the past years. Today, I am going to describe my current treatments, and possible changes for the future.
My current protocol is helping, but it will certainly not be my saving grace. I still have pronounced symptoms on a daily basis and I still have flairs weekly.
I did have this under control at one point, daily symptoms were minor and I wouldn't get any major flairs. I want a repeat of this! I have stuff to do and places to be!

Ok here is the list of supplements-
L-Glutamine powder, 1 tsp per day
Artemisia Combinations, 2 pills 3x daily, 3 days on 4 off
Black walnut capsules, 2 pills 3x daily
POA phytolens(TOA cats claw), 1x daily
sublingual glutathione, 2-3 daily, 50mg each
ALA, 100mg 3x daily
5 MTHF, 1 daily
Dopalift, 1/2 cap daily
FIveHTP Thrive, 2 before bed
Calc.Phos. 30C, 3 pills 2x daily
1 calm magnesium packet daily
1 Methyl B12 injection weekly
Cinchona bark tea, made with 1tsp bark

Long list right? It needs to change, with as much as I am taking I should be feeling better.
Lets analyze and dissect everything I am taking, maybe something will stand out to you(please tell me if you notice something!). I already have a general idea of what I want to change.

The bacteria killers are, Artemisia, cats claw, and cinchona bark tea. Plus the black walnut, which is more so for parasites.
Artemisia and cinchona are strong, they are certainly making a difference. I haven't even built up to a high dose yet. At some point I will probably move up to 3 cups of tea. These are both primarily for babesia/blood parasites(if present). Artemisia might kill borrellia, I don't know for sure. All of the information on Artemisia and borrellia is conflicting, some say yes it kills it some say no.
This is strong enough for the time being.

The POA phytolens isn't strong, 1 cap a day(450mg). This isn't a significant dosage at all! This is my ND's preference for treating lyme...because it is TOA free, its supposed to be stronger. When I followed the Buhner protocol with cats claw, I took a huge dose compared to this. According to the Buhner protocol I should work up to 1-4 tabs 3-4x daily, each pill is 450mg! I know there is some conflicting info on the TOA free vs non TOA free, but there is NO WAY this makes one 450mg pill capable of replacing a max dosage of 7,200mg. Its not possible.
I would take more but, this brand he wants me to take is $38 for 30 pills. I want to call BS. That's nearly $1 a pill, its not considered one of the strongest remedies for lyme disease, and that is expensive. The Buhner protocol made a difference for me, this does not...
This will definitely change in the future, its way too expensive for something that is too weak to make a difference.

I take the Dopalift for alertness, fatigue, and low dopamine levels. I have been tested twice for neurotransmitter levels, dopamine was almost non-existent on both tests...
I did one bottle of this earlier this year, nothing notable.
Then I did the second neuro test he wanted me to do it again because I didn't take it long enough for it to have an effect. I put it off for a while, I want to treat the cause of my symptoms, not the symtpoms themselves. Low dopamine is a result of a stressed, infected body. Not a pill deficiency.
This second round with the Dopalift was different than the first, for one it made me quit sleeping. As soon as I started taking it I was wide awake almost until sunrise!
So I spoke to the ND, he told me to half the capsule. So far this is working fine for me, it may give me a tiny bit of energy, nothing significant. He did tell me I would have to stay on this a little while for it to really make a difference, which is fine. There are 60 pills in the bottle, and I only take half of one daily...the one bottle will last me 120 days at this rate. Already bought it, might as well use it. So for now this doesn't need to change.

The L-glutamine is for gut health. The stomach uses it in the stomach lining, without it we develop problems. I started this after the first neuro test, I don't really notice a difference. I already have the bottle, at the slow rate I am using it this bottle will last at least another 6 months. So for now, this has no reason to change. Its an essential nutrient and I already have it.

I have been on and off magnesium for years. Its good for pain, muscles, and detoxification. The body uses magnesium to create enzymes used for detox.
I noticed at first if I missed a dose of mag I would have more muscle and joint pain. Now its no big deal. Its needed for detox and most chronically ill patients swear by it, so it can stay.

5HTP Thrive is used for sleep, I started this with the last bottle of Dopalift. It may be helping me sleep harder,  not earlier at all, but waking up has been easier lately. I will leave this one be because its new, it still has time before I can feel the full effects.

Glutathione is used for detox. This is an OK supplement, it doesn't seem to have any strong effects. I started this to help up my detox about a month ago. It may help some, but I wouldn't brag about it...
When I finish this bottle I will replace it with something new.

ALA I started because of the Andy Cutler protocol for chelation. It is supposed to help detox heavy metals from the brain. In the beginning it was VERY strong, I had to cut the 300mg pill into 5ths, and took two each day. For the time being I wont change this, it isn't as strong as it was,but I think I need to add in another chelator like DMSA. When I was taking both is when I felt the best.

Methyl B12 shots were something Dr.L wanted. I showed low for B12 on a test in the beginning so this was something she wanted me to do. I started with regular B12 but it didn't do anything. Gene tests showed I needed the methylated form of B12.
The ND during this time also added me onto his B-complex. It is a good one, the B12 is methylated, it has loads of B vitamins, plus it has a high dosage of each. According to the ingredients the B-Complex is stronger than the injection, but ill be honest. Neither of these gave me significant results. I don't test low for B12 anymore, I don't need to be doing both of these.
I have since finished the B-Complex, still working on my B12 injections. For the time being, I am going to finish the injections and come back to it.

The 5MTHF is something the ND wanted me to do because of the results of the gene test. I cant remember exactly which gene is the reason he wanted me to take this. This for now, I wont change. He feels really strongly about it and the whole methyl B vitamins can make a difference for some. Ill give it a shot for a while longer.

Then last is the Calcarea Phosphorus 30C. This is something I started on my own. I researched homeopathic remedies to help with scoliosis, and this is the one that matched me. It is for calcium and phosphorus absorption, so it really isn't for symptoms. It can stay too.

Now that the overview is established, what should change in your opinion?
I am not treating Lyme disease, or at least strongly. Babesia is covered well, but nothing I am taking will significantly affect borrellia.

Another thing is I need to work on chelation again. I had to take a break because it was wearing me out. I had to wake up at night to take the pills, keep track of the time and make sure I had DMSA and water for the next dosage. With low dose chelation it is really frowned upon to miss a dose, so i stuck to this strictly.
Now I feel like its time to add something stronger than just ALA.

To recap-I am going to get rid of the POA phytolens and glutathione, and add something in for lyme and heavy metal detox.

If anyone has a suggestion as to what herbs to add, please comment!

Ok, my fingers are tired and I am too dizzy to stare at this screen any longer, I am out for tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment